Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Beginnings on a Clean Slate.

Happy New Year, my gentle reader(s).

A new year usually brings in people sharing what their personal goals are now that they believe that they have a fresh, clean slate to work on. I guess in a way, I'm really not that different from everyone else. I too, have some goals I wish to see fulfilled. There are people who don't believe in New Years resolutions and understandably. I don't necessarily believe in having resolutions to fulfill in a year's time, but rather, in my lifetime.

I believe that everyone should aspire to better themselves every day and improve upon their lives without the notion that they're given a new beginning. Your beginning happened when you were born and it's completely up to you on how you want to treat yourself.

With that being said, my list of LIFELONG resolutions, in a nutshell:


  • I want to become a more patient and tolerant human being. Sometimes I get irritated (especially working in a customer service job) too easily and don't remember that someone on the other end could also be having an awful day.
  • Respect myself. Sometimes I pick apart my art, my writing, my body and I treat it badly by binging on things that I know that are terrible for me. I want to respect myself not only mentally, but physically. I need to stop beating myself up over mistakes and also be conscious of what my body needs from me.
  • Stop struggling with money. This one is the toughest... I have a lot of student debt to pay off and I want to continue my education. However, education is expensive and I want to be able to leave school knowing that if I don't find a job in my field right away, that I still won't have to worry about these dollar signs hanging over my head like a dark cloud.
If a year is what you need to succeed in goals that will benefit you for the rest of your life, by all means, take it. I'm not sure how long it will be until I succeed in my goals, but I will for the most part, continue to try and better myself every single day that I'm breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment