Thursday, December 20, 2012

Torn Between Worlds.

Seeing as I'm on a holiday vacation back in my hometown, I've made it a point to visit some of my closest friends and family. It seems that every time I return I'm always given the question of whether I've chosen to remain in Ontario or if I'll ever return to Alberta.

The truth is, my life has taken me on many journeys and I haven't decided on where I want to settle. I think I'm a bit young to be thinking like that. I mean, sure, if I was completely on my ass and my only option was to move back to my parent's home, then of course I would do that. I miss my family, my dogs and my very good friends a lot when I'm gone but that doesn't mean that I haven't established close relationships elsewhere.

I had lived in Calgary for a good, solid 20 years and I have made some of the best connections I will ever make. I've lived in Ontario for 4 years and I'm growing, learning and doing a lot of things that I probably never would have had the opportunity to do in Alberta. I've also become really good friends with certain people and consider some of the friendships I've made lifelong relationships.

It's hard making that decision and being torn between two places where I've grown and evolved. Even then, these two places aren't my only options for future settlement either. I'm glad and overwhelmed however by the amount of love and support that my friends from both ends of the country have given me. It's uplifting to know that people really care about you and want you around!

One thing about being torn between these two worlds is definitely how grateful I am about how advanced our technology has become. It doesn't matter what city, which part of the country or even if I'm in a different part of the world I'm in; technology and social networking has ensured that my relationships don't fall of the wagon and that I can continue to maintain my communications with everyone I know and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment