Tuesday, March 5, 2013

On the Job.

Many of my friends now by now that I left my most recent job. I won't name the company, but those who know me, know where I have worked and why I had left. Practicing yoga has taught me one of the most important values that I feel that I always knew, but needed to exercise more; getting rid of the toxic things in your life. It had become apparent that I was no longer happy at my job and I admit that I was very sad to go. I loved my regular customers who I had come to know for the last three years and although my coworkers came as quickly as they went, I made lifelong friendships with many of them.

My work had impacted me, inspired me to pursue my own dream, but I honestly felt that I could have left on better terms. Not saying that I made a scene and ran out the door, but I feel that issues within my workplace could have been handled better. Most long-term employees who want to leave their work mostly leave due to issues with their management or immediate supervisors and I can't help but feel that this was the reason as to why I had left.

As I said before, I had learned that I really did not need the poison in my life. Like many people, I dislike being lied to, gossiped about, bullied and manipulated. I had tolerated it for so long, that I made the drastic decision to leave this job without finding another to immediately replace it. And it's sad. It's SO sad.

Life goes on, however. I have nothing but a sense of relief that I don't have to deal with that anymore and embrace this challenge. I'm broke, unemployed, looking for new work but I can say I sleep better.

And if anyone is looking for a very hard-working employee with a stunning smile and personality...

No comments:

Post a Comment